By the final end of the section, it’s possible to:
- Describe the goal of writing assignments and what a teacher might expect to see from your writing
- Identify common kinds of writing tasks in a college class
- Understand and utilize writing-process steps when it comes to growth of academic writing
- Differentiate between revision and proofreading, and explain the worth of each
- Identify strategies for ethical use of sources written down
Why Do Writing Skills Matter?
Obviously you can easily write. Plus in the age of Facebook and smartphones, you might be writing all the time—perhaps more regularly than speaking. Many students are awash in text like no other generation before today.
So just why spend yet more time and attention on writing skills? Research shows that deliberate practice—that is, close focus on improving one’s skills—makes all the difference in how one performs. Read more “In this essay we will glance at the Academic essay course that is writing.”